Blizzard decided that the day I got into surgery would be a very good day to release the patch 4.0.1 to the live servers. While I have been at my parent’s house recovering from surgery, I got to play around with the patch on all my alts and I found some stuff that I kind of expected and some that were kind of a surprise. So, let me go through a few quick things that I have found surprising to 4.0.1.
1) Runeforging Heirlooms – I was playing around on my DK with the new tanking spec when I just decided to try to runeforge my heirloom sword. And it actually worked. I don’t know if it was intended, but it worked perfectly.
2) Reforging Only Works For iLevel 200 – I was hoping that heirlooms and other gear would be able to be reforged, but there is a limit so that it only works on iLevel 200 gear and higher. I’m assuming we will be able to reforge the greens and blues in Cataclysm from level 80 – 85, but right now, it is not.
3) You Can Pay For 310% Speed Now – Of course, if you just bought regular flying, it will 5k gold for epic flying and 5k for what is called “Master Flying”. You can still get mounts for the “Glory of….” achievements, but they will only be 280% until you buy “Master Flying” The one exception is “What a Long Strange Trip It Has Been” if you are currently in the middle of it. My guess is that you cannot start it now and get it a year from now.
4) Water Missing – This may just be me, but I have run into several areas where the water is just gone. Now, if you jump in, you will hit water and your breathe thing will pop up, but otherwise, it is gone. I can’t tell if it is a bug or not, but it is just weird.
5) Earthquakes Up – Up until 4.0.1, I had not experienced any of the pre-Cataclysm earthquakes. Now, if I’m in Ironforge, I experience them about every 10 minutes. I’m sure they will become more frequent as we get closer to Cataclysm.
I know there are a lot of other cool things with 4.0.1 and this week, I will try to bring out some of the things I have noticed about moonkins and tanks. Also, this week, I will announce the winners of the contest because I’m sure they will want to get their statues, mouses, and authenticators for Cataclysm.
Also, I hoped you got to listen to both of the podcast from the Shift Happens roundtable and Leet Sauced. I had a great time doing both of them, although I was in a more chemically enhanced mood for the Leet Sauced podcast, something that I won’t be able to do now that I have had surgery.