As we come to the end of Wrath and the end of another Tier of raiding, I am having a real question come up for the first time. What to do with all of these extra Emblems of Frost? Since this is the first time I have been in a hardcore raiding guild in WoW, I’m getting Frost emblems left and right. Just last night in 10 man ICC, we got 10/12 bosses in one night, plus the extra valkyr before Dreamwalker, so we ended up with 21 Emblems of Frost. The night before, we went through all of RS, which is 5 Emblems of Frost, plus the Deathwhisper weekly, which is 5 more Emblems of Frost, plus we went 8/12 in 25 man ICC and the valkyr, since we are doing HM Putricide this week in 25 mans, which gave an additional 17 Emblems of Frost. That is 48 Emblems of Frost in 2 days. And that is not even running the random 5 man for the day.
Well, here is a small shopping list that encompasses all of the things I have ever bought for myself with all my emblems. This list will change based on what your professions are, etc. For example, my mage is tailoring. If I get to the point where I am getting that many Emblems of Frost on my mage, I will want to buy primordial saronite to get some tailoring recipes. I could even transfer the saronite from my main to my mage.
1) Main Spec Tier Gear – This was my first priority on my main. I ended up buying all 5 pieces of Tier gear because it gave me some flexibility to use some of the 277 gear I would get from HMs.
2) Idol of Lunar Eclipse – I needed to get my Tier 10 idol. It basically increases your critical strike rating by 220 and is necessary for you to hit the Lunar Crit Cap.
3) Belt of Omission – I have talked about this before, but I needed this belt to get rid of the Shard of the Crystal Heart 245 trinket because of the hit. Since we are clearing ICC 25 man hardmodes now, I may switch to a 277 hit neck to get a better belt.
4) Off Spec Tier Gear – I needed my Tier gear for my tank spec. I got everything except the chest piece because I got the Sack of Wonder from Lootship. (Still waiting for the next heroic version to drop to pick it up, since it is BiS for feral tanks.)
5) Idol of the Crying Moon – Needed to upgrade from the 226 Idol of the Corrupter I have been using for tanking.
6) Corroded Skeleton Key – High stamina trinket with a good on use. It will hold me over until I can get the top two trinkets, which would be the heroic version of Unidentifiable Organ and the normal or heroic version of Sindrigosa’s Flawless Fang.
At this point, I have already bought everything listed here. From this point on, this is a list of the stuff that I am likely going to try to purchase or purchase more of.
7) Primordial Saronite – This is what I have been spending my current Emblems of Frost on. I just sold four on the AH for the price of 750 gold each, making a cool 3k gold in the process. This is how I’m going to try to prepare for Cataclysm. I have very little interest in doing PvP except for honor to buy gems, etc. I will never downgrade my Frost badges to buy gems because it is easier to do it with Triumph badges. This means my Frost badges for right now are for making money. Ideally, I would like to have about 10k – 30k gold going into Cataclysm. The other option is to buy the saronite, give it to my mage, let her finish leveling up tailoring, buy the ICC recipes, and then sell 264 cloth gear on the AH to get even more. I’m not certain which is better yet, because my mage is still about 50 points away from max level tailoring.
8) PvP Gear – Getting this arena seasons gear with Frost emblems is an option and if Cataclysm doesn’t come out until November, I might definitely get into some PvP. But this will likely be my last purchases before Cataclysm hits. Plus, to have only one level of PvP gear behind the current arena season at 85 will be pretty sweet.
Just a reminder, if you want to remember Wrath with your very own FigurePrint, you have until this Saturday to enter the Christmas in July contest. Please sign up for your chance to win some free stuff. Finally, check out my new sweet mount for getting Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 Man). Thanks to the Wednesday night 10 man crew at Conquest for helping all of us to get the mount. Our next target in 10 man, HM LK and Bane of the Fallen King.