Over this Memorial Day weekend, I actually got to go play two rounds of golf with my family, one on Friday and one on Saturday. I am not an expert by any stretch. In fact, I shot a 60……on the front 9. If you know anything about golf, par for the entire course is 72 usually.
However, I am very good at video game golf. I have always loved the Hot Shots series as well as the Tiger Woods Golf Games. So when I heard the news that the goblins are building a golf course in Azshara, it got me thinking on all the fun things that could be done with a World of Warcraft golf mini-game. Think of all the possibilities.
1) Gambling – Get a few friends together and place a bet of 100 gold per hole and make it like a skins game. That would be an awesome way to have some legitimate gambling in WoW.
2) Engineering – I could definitely see rocket powered golf balls that could drive the distance of a par 4. Or a club that added extra power to your swing. Or a parachute golf ball that will open at the height of the arc and travel down slowly.
3) Tournaments for Pets/Mounts – They could put on tournaments like the fishing tourney where the winner would get an incredible prize, like a pet or a mount.
4) Ganking/World PvP – Wouldn’t it be awesome if the golf course was a kind of world PvP where you had to gain control of the golf course and then you have 3 hours to play golf. In addition, you would be open on the golf course. Couldn’t you see a rogue using a seven iron to fight off a ganker. They could even make golf clubs as actual weapons.
5) Golf Cart Races – When I was younger, this is what would get me in trouble at the golf course. My friends would race the golf carts around the course. I could see the golf course having golf carts that come equipped with weapons, etc.
This is one of the best ideas I think that have come to the game in a while and if they implement World of Warcraft golf, it would be something fresh and new to do in the game.
Later this week, I’m going to be writing a blog on how to get almost all your gear for mages and moonkins before you step foot into your first raid and I will be throwing up my recommended pre-raid, emblem only, gear.
Also, I mentioned this on my Twitter feed, but Redhawk’s Gaze got a mention on Bind on Equip by Wemb. I wanted to thank the show for talking about the blog. I would highly recommend checking out that podcast. It is one of the best podcast on the internet and one of the few podcast that I listen to about WoW.